I am writing in to express my interest in the position of Cashier at your store, ABC Megastore. Mr. Richard McKenzie, who is a floor manager at your store, informed me about this opening, and recommended that I forward my application along with my resume to you directly. I understand from Mr. McKenzie that you are looking for an experienced and dynamic cashier for your store and am excited to inform you that I possess all the capabilities needed for this job.
I am working with the $1 Dollar Superstore at present. My current job has allowed me to develop and sharpen my skills in all aspects associated with handling cash, checks, vouchers, and credit cards. I have received appreciation from my manager on various occasions for my ability to provide outstanding service to customers.
I can offer your store:
- Over two years of experience as a cashier
- Strong numeric ability
- Adept in receiving payments from customers and issuing change due, receipt, or refunds to customers
- Ability to greet customers in a friendly manner
- Ability to wrap or bag customers’ purchases
- Strong listening and oral communication skills
- Ability answer customers’ inquiries
- Ability to maintain clean checkout areas
- Ability to converse fluently in three languages: English, Spanish, and French
One of the most important skills of a cashier is his/her ability to communicate with customers. I have good command over three languages, which helps me provide excellent customer service to all my customers.
Enclosed with this application is my resume which lists my professional experience, skills, and education in detail. I would love to become a part of your team and hope that you would provide me an opportunity to discuss my qualifications in a personal interview..