This is to express my interest in the recently opened position of Sales Associate in your retail store, the Big MGM. Mr. Eugene Hill, who is a floor manager at your store, informed me about this position, and recommended that I contact you directly. After listening to your requirements from Mr. Hill, I have become convinced that I have all the capabilities to fulfill this role and become an integral part of your sales team. I’m attaching my resume with this application for your consideration.
I have done a 1-year diploma in Sales and Customer Service. For the last 2 years, I have been working at the Buy Easy retail store. In my current capacity as Sales Associate, I am responsible for performing the following tasks:
- Maintaining inventory
- Arranging inventory on the floor
- Arranging promotional displays and materials
- Tagging merchandise
- Replenishing inventory
- Maintaining a clean and tidy store
- Understanding customers’ needs and providing appropriate options
- Persuading customers to purchase a product
- Providing prompt and impeccable service to customers
- Greeting customers as they enter and leave the retail store
- Helping customers in locating products they want to buy
- Performing basic housecleaning jobs
- Opening and closing the retail store
- Adhering to security guidelines to prevent theft
I am known for my polite and friendly demeanor. I have good oral communication skills and am a good and patient listener. The latter allows me to understand the needs of customers better, which, in turn, allows me to provide prompt service to all my customers. I enjoy a good rapport with my customers, peers, and supervisors alike.
I’ve mentioned my academic qualifications, work experience, job duties, and accomplishments in greater detail in my resume. I would appreciate if you take time to review my attached resume and hope you will give me an opportunity to meet you in person to discuss my application further.