Enthusiastic and Versatile professional school counselor with over 9 years experience working in a student-focused learning environment; equipping students with the necessary tools to ensure successful academic, social and personal development for all students.
Mary McLeod Bethune Middle School, Decatur, GA (August 2010 to May 2012)
- Counsel students in grades K-8th using various counseling methods such as reality and person-centered techniques.
- Provide individual and group counseling for students according to their academic and social/emotional needs.
- Assist students in successful transition from elementary to middle and middle to high.
- Facilitate guidance lessons on various topics such as bullying, test-taking strategies, character education and academic planning.
- Consult with Parents, Teachers, and Administration to develop successful individual plans for students.
- Serve as SST/504 chairperson to implement strategies/interventions and accommodations based on student academic and medical needs.
- Coordinate whole school activities such as Red Ribbon Week, Bully Awareness Month, Career/College Week, Junior Achievement and Honors Day.
DeKalb County Schools, Decatur, GA (March 2005 to August 2010)
Parent Center Facilitator
- Managed and facilitated all activities in the Parent Resource Center.
- Provided materials and resources for parents to empower their children and achieve at the highest level from grades K-12.
- Developed and implemented programs that increase parental involvement such as Nurturing Parent Program.
- Worked closely with counselor, administrators, parents and community stakeholders to provide educational activities for all students.
- Facilitated various trainings, workshops, special events, and programs that educate and promote awareness in the community for parents and students.
- Assisted in resume writing skills and career trainings for DeKalb County parents.
- Created an educational learning environment for parents to enhance their professional and personal skills.
G.W. Carver School, Atlanta, GA (March 2002 to March 2005)
- Served as case manager for grades 9th-12th based on needs-assessment.
- Provided academic, social and career assistance for case-load students.
- Maintained year-round group sessions that focused on attendance, behavior and character building.
- Implemented programs that decreased retention and drop-out rate.
- Responsible for maintaining on-going partnerships with community agencies to support student achievement.
- Worked closely with teachers, principals and administrators to provide strategies to decrease high-risk behaviors.
- Coordinated and monitored the creation and implementation of individualized student/family plans for each student enrolled in CIS and maintain updated current student files.
- Coordinated the design and implementation of after school classes and other extracurricular activities and services for students including the involvement of mentors, tutors, guest speakers and other volunteers.
West GA Counseling & Educational Service, Carrollton, GA (December 2000 to December 2001)
Supervisor Truancy Counselor
- Supervised two truancy counselors on staff.
- Served as liaison for Haralson County Schools, Juvenile Court and West Georgia Educational Services.
- Designed family action plans that increased parental involvement.
- Provided one-on-one counseling to high -risk students and their parents.
- Created individual action plans and documented progress of adolescents.
- Worked closely with counselors, social workers, and teachers to ensure student success.
Argosy University Sarasota Carrollton, GA
Ed.S School Counseling
2001 University of West Georgia Crarollton, GA
Master of Arts Counseling Psychology
Certified (K-12) School Counselor.