Obtain a Staff Auditor position in a firm that will utilize my Audit, Accounting skills and knowledge, towards achieving their goals in maximizing profitability and long term growth.
- 4+ years of strong financial accounting and audit experience
- Performed Erisa audit engagements for 30+ clients over 3 years, earning $360k+ for Younger & Company CPAs.
- Knowledge of Internal Control( COSO Integrated Framework)
- Knowledge of Enterprise Risk Management(COSO Integrated Framework)
- Knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley Act(SOX)
- Handled and processed check and cash deposits of over $2.5 million+ on a monthly basis, for Olive Crest
- Knowledge of accounting functions: GL, PL, BS reconciliations, work papers, cost, cash control, AP and AR.
- Experience in GAAP accounting and monthly closing processes.
- Current CPA candidate and actively pursuing remaining three sections of the CPA Examination.
- Strong technical and accounting skills, very analytical with attention to detail.
- Works extremely well under supervision, but independently driven to accomplish immediate assigned goals and long term company objectives.
Younger & Company, CPAs Riverside, CA 01/2008 – Present
- Perform an entire audit engagement from planning, execution to completion.
- Reconcile employer records (payroll journals, GL and Vendor accounts) to Trust and Record keeper (TPA).
- Liaise with 3rd party custodians for audit requests.
- Review detailed audit programs, request client documents and other checklists to perform the audits.
- Interprets plan terms and provisions per the prototype plan, adoption agreement, and summary plan description as well as plan amendments.
- Utilize the Department of Labor lost earnings calculator to determine lost earnings on late contributions.
- Preparation of Form 5330 Return of Excise Tax for Employee Benefit Plans.
- Analyze potential deviations from GAAP, within a clients’ financial statement.
- Enforce Internal Control processes and communicate weaknesses on a clients’ financial statement.
- Assist in the preparation of full disclosure financial statements from client records.
- Develop and maintain a productive working relationship with client personnel and firm staff.
- Analyze clients’ financial statement variances and effectively communicate those variances to management and the client.
- Work on accounting projects where familiarity with pertinent IRC sections and regulations is required.
Olive Crest Treatment Centers Santa Ana, CA 06/2002 – 08/2006
Junior Staff Accountant
- Responsible for various general accounting duties including accounts payable, banking, check requests and special projects as needed.
- Processed accounts payable; including purchase order entry, invoice approval and entry, follow up with vendors, aging reporting.
- Posted necessary monthly and ad-hoc journal entries to the general ledger (MAS200).
- Processed daily checks and various credits.
- Assisted with month-end close and financial reporting.
- Performed monthly reconciliation of all bank accounts, including reconciliation of deposits with accounts receivable.
- Liaised with external accounting firm during audits.
- Worked with satellite offices managing clothing allowances and client savings accounts.
- Performed other ad-hoc analyses and accounting projects as needed.
Masters of Accounting and Financial Management 2007
Devry University – Keller Graduate School of Management Long Beach, CA
Bachelors Degree- Liberal Arts 2000
Cypress College Cypress, CA.